For the last 20 years I've helped people just like you find breakthrough through prayer. This blog is a resource for you to see mountains move in your own life and family. You can contact me anytime via email or through Instagram:
My name is Cheryl
At Prayer Saturated Life, we created the Prayer Saturated Gift Guide because we know gifts have the power to touch the hearts of our loved ones. What better way to inspire a relationship with Jesus than by giving a Prayer Saturated gift.
We want to make your gift-giving process a little easier and a bit more fun by suggesting our favorite gifts that inspire prayer, study, or even a prayer closet— in five major categories: Child, Loved One, Mama, Reader, and Teen.
With the Prayer Saturated Gift Guide, you’ll find an eclectic mix of gift ideas from big-box retailers to local small businesses we love.
Let’s go shopping!
Our Prayer Saturated Gift Guide starts with the youngest age group– which starts as young as a newborn and goes through several cognitive developmental stages, which can be extra tricky when it comes to understanding something as abstract as a God they can’t see… and not loop Him in with Santa Claus. Set prayer apart in your child’s life by creating environments and loveys in their everyday lives that keep thoughts of God near. Prayer with children requires intentionality and simplicity. Let these tools encourage play AND prayer.
2. My Kid’s Prayer Journal: 100 Days of Prayer & Praise: Children’s Journal to Inspire Conversation & Prayer with God This simple structure is great for children learning to write – age 9.
3. Yoobi Kids 6 Pack Scented Gel Pens Scents are great for prayer because scents are known to spark a memory. These are so much fun for your little one. Accessorize their new prayer journal with matching pens. Maybe even add a cute pencil case like this one, and make a special place in the home just for prayer time. You can even call them their prayer pens!
4. Alpine House Wood Advent Calendar Use Christmas to give a treat, and write a special daily note to pray for.
5. My Very Own Play House Why not get your child a playhouse, but call it a ‘pray’ house! You can add items to the inside of the canvas, like this free child’s prayer map (we recommend you ask for two – one to hang, and one for the child to read with you), throw in a favorite stuffy, and help your child learn the power of prayer with focus in a special place.
6. Psalm Prayers for Kids: A 40-Day Prayer Journal Our kids LOVE this prayer journal. This is created with the intention of the study being done with an adult. This is a great practice for age 9-11. Those younger may also enjoy it, but it is a true study. Not for the distracted!
7. Pocket Prayer Teddy Bear This pocket Bear is a great way to share prayers for your little one, whether near or far. Fill the pocket with a prayer, then take it out and pray it with your child.
We all have someone on our list who LOVES to pray, someone who is CALLED to a particular subject or mission, or someone we want to INSPIRE prayer into their lives. There is something for everyone here.
2. Abide Journal This journal makes us happy because organization makes us happy– even in prayer! This is great for an intercessor (or someone who loves to reorganize their pantry every 3 months) :).
3. Kindred Hope Bracelet Jewelry tells a story. This company is a Social Enterprise with a Holistic Care Program that cares for women escaping human trafficking and exploitation in Asia. We love this bracelet for women who are called to pray for Asia, anti-human trafficking, or women.
4. Street Carvings Map Similar to the bracelet, this company carves the actual map of large cities all over the world. We love this for a pastor, missionary, or intercessor called to pray for or serve in a particular place.
5. Bible Highlighters and Pens Great as an accessory gift to anything Bible or reading-related because they won’t bleed through the pages.
6. The Prayer Journal for Him: A Daily Christian Journal for Men to Practice Gratitude, Reduce Anxiety and Strengthen Your Faith This is modern in design and structure but still open for plenty of writing. We love this for the special man in your life.
7. Christmas Truth for Today Cards + free stand Nothing says Christmas like scripture set to beautiful artwork. The daily truths in watercolors will add a pop of color to anyone’s kitchen, and remind them of the true meaning of Christmas.
The Prayer Saturated Gift Guide focuses on a very special season in the life of a female: motherhood. Mothers need simple pleasures that they can carve into their busy days of thinking of everyone else but themselves. We focus on cute items that can be incorporated into their everyday lives, and items that can be read and learned from when they have a few extra minutes to sit down with their feet up.
1. Praying Scripture for Motherhood Journal Great for moms young and old. This is a beautiful prayer journal for a beautiful season in life.
2. Glass tumbler Christmas Prayers Calling all iced coffee lovers! This is a fun and beautiful tumbler with scripture and prayer devoted to the Christmas season.
3. Pray Leopard Keychain A cute reminder to saturate everything in prayer. This is great for the mom who is always losing her keys.
4. The Lord’s Prayer Pillow Cover This gorgeous pillow cover would make a great addition to a prayer closet or a living space used for prayer.
5. 12-Day Advent Calendar with Candles Scent is proven to trigger memories. We love the idea that combining scent and prayer will help us remember and continue to hold up our loved ones the way we promised. This is a fun splurge for your mama– she probably loves candles.
6. Prayer Saturated Family Cheryl gives you step-by-step guidance and real-world tips on how to experience the atmosphere of heaven in your home by praying together regularly as a family. Sacks helps you navigate the challenges–like getting everyone involved!–and experience the benefits of family prayer, such as unity, spiritual growth, and precious bonding time. Good for families ready to take the next step in praying together.
7. Prayer Saturated Kids Practical helps and inspiring real-life stories will equip you to teach and mentor children to become powerful lifelong pray-ers while your own prayer life is growing right along with theirs. We love to give this to a growing family, a foster or adopting family, or the family that is new to Christianity.
8. Personalized Bookmark Make their prayer journal look good with a fun and handy personalized bookmark. Great for the maker mama.
2. How to Pray: A Simple Guide for Normal People How to Pray is a raw, real, and relevant look at prayer for everyone―from the committed follower of Jesus to the skeptic and the scared. Great for the new believer and veteran believer alike– it is fuel for your prayer life.
3. Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven and Earth This rich, biblical teaching is full of fresh insights showing how vital our prayers are and how God has always planned to work in partnership with us through prayer. Great for someone who feels called to intercessory prayer.
4. The Circle Maker This book is great for the reader who loves a good story. Filled with rich and interesting inspiration, we love this book for the person who is faithfully waiting for God to move in a meaningful way.
5. Crafted Prayer: The Joy of Always Getting Your Prayers Answered by Graham Cooke We find ourselves rereading this book, reminded and encouraged to encounter a living God who speaks to us and gives us direction. Great for the Christian in leadership.
6. The Practice of the Presence of God In Modern English A modern take on this timeless classic. Great for any follower of Christ who does not yet have it in their library.
Teens are great at praying. We find that teens are externally motivated more than any other age group, which is why inspiring a beautiful environment for prayer is at the top of our list in encouraging prayer. The Prayer Saturated Gift Guide makes it comfortable, makes it focused, and makes it aesthetically pleasing. This is quite obviously geared for a teen girl, but many of these items could be adapted in color or style and have the same effect on a teen boy. Top tip: Boys cannot be trusted with burning candles. 😉
2. Reflective Bible Journal For Teens: Hear God’s Voice and Follow His Lead We all need a little extra push to get in the Word and respond to the teaching in prayer. This is great for the Christian We all need a little extra motivation to spend time in the Word, and strengthen our prayer life. This is a great inspiration for prayer for the Christian teen in your life.
3. Sherpa Backrest Pillow with Arms A play tent is a little bit too much for a teen, but the idea is the same: create an environment specifically for prayer, an area they enjoy being in, and they are more likely to pray. Great for a teen who shares a room or doesn’t have a large enough closet to create a place of solitude for prayer.
4. Checkered Lamp Help your teen decorate their room to set the atmosphere for spending time with the Lord. We want them to create an environment where they want to pray and read their Bible. This is a great start.
5. Copper String Lights You really can’t go wrong with string lights for a teen, and this is perfect for the teenager who is going to makeshift a prayer closet.
6. Madewell Ceramic Candles The scent is so helpful in forming and triggering memory. A prayer candle is a fun way to help teenagers stay focused on prayer.
7. Prayer Journal This simple, but elegant prayer journal invites you to reflect on God’s promises, express your heart in gratitude, write down your prayer requests and record your answered prayers daily. We are buying this for all of the teens in our lives this Christmas.
8. Metallic Gel Pens Who doesn’t love a good writing utensil?! Add some pizzazz to a Bible or journaling gift with some fun, but practical, pens like these.
Cheryl Sacks is the best-selling author of The Prayer Saturated book series: The Prayer Saturated Church, Prayer-Saturated Kids, and The Prayer Saturated Family—How to Change the Atmosphere in Your Home through Prayer. Her newest book, Reclaim a Generation, 21 Days of Prayer for Schools, is available through Amazon.
and be the first to know about free resources, blog posts, and prayer activities you can do on your own or with the special people in your life.